The air is gradually warming up, the birds are chirping once more, and green buds are starting to emerge from the earth. It’s a season of renewal and rebirth, a time of cleansing and transformation, and one that is perfect for slowing down and celebrating life with a revived sense of awe and wonder.
How to stop and enjoy each moment? Below, I list 25 of my favorite ways to savor the season.
Share these with a friend and see how many items you can check off:
- Take a walk and savor the smells of the fresh jasmine, lilacs and roses.
- Break out the sidewalk chalk and get creative.
- Open the windows and let in the fresh air.
- Create a floral collage.
- Snuggle up in a blanket and sip your morning coffee outdoors.
- Stop and listen to the birds’ songs (and maybe even sing along!).
- Take an electronic break for a few hours.
- Laugh out loud.
- Make a spring salad using in-season produce from the farmers market.
- Ride a bike.
- Re-connect with a friend.
- Surprise your neighbors with a bouquet of fresh-picked flowers.
- Organize a spring scavenger hunt and search for signs of nature’s renewal.
- Plant a vegetable garden.
- Grab a sketchbook, head outside, and draw the trees’ new leaves.
- Ring in the warmer, sandal-wearing weather with a pretty pastel pedicure.
- Head to the park and fly a kite with a friend.
- Plan a picnic.
- Explore new hobbies – knitting, beading, cooking, etc.
- Take a gardening class.
- Visit the zoo.
- Feed the ducks at the pond.
- Spread a blanket on the ground on a clear night and stargaze.
- Write a spring poem.
- Dance in the rain.
What would you add to this list? Do you have a favorite way to celebrate spring?